Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
1 1/2 cups of Flour
1 cup of Sugar ( brown or white)
4 tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
6 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 cup Water
1 tablespoon Vinegar (I used For the Love of Tams Tamarillo Vinaigrette)
Set your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 if fan-forced). Line, or liberally spray, two 20cm baking tins, or a 30cm x 40cm baking tray.
- Add all your dry ingredients to your mixing bowl, no need to sift.
- Add your oil and mix on low to ensure everything is blended well and there are no lumps, this shouldn’t take long.
- Add your remaining wet ingredients.
- Pour your batter into your prepared tray/s and bake in the center of the oven for 35mins. Check with a toothpick to ensure it is baked through.
- Leave it to cool. Once cold, decorate as you wish… warning, don’t put too much effort in as it will be guzzled quickly.