Prep Time: 15 mins
Bake Time:20-25 mins
150g melted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup Hikuai Honey
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sugar ( I used brown, but white is fine too)
1 cup flour
1 baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1 and a half cups chopped pecans
Set your oven to 200 degrees Celcius (180 if fan-forced). Spray a muffin tray (12 medium-sized) liberally with cooking spray.
- Mix together, in a separate bowl, honey, vanilla extract, eggs, and butter.
- In a larger mixing bowl, add your flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix together gently ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Sprinkle half the chopped pecan nuts at the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Pour the batter over the chopped pecan nuts, filling to just below the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining pecan nuts over the batter.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 mins. Test with a toothpick to ensure they are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the baking tray.
Note: the muffins will be a dark brown, this is due to the honey and sugar! Serve with butter and a cuppa!
We used Hikuai Honey, it is simply delicious, to order yours simply click here